A quilt for a new baby, R, featuring the flowers that are her name.
Monday, 7 September 2015
When great friends of ours asked me to be the Godmother to their gorgeous new baby girl, I was over the moon. I have one other Goddaughter whom I love to bits, and it's a great privilege to be asked to take such a significant role in their lives. So I got cracking making a new hexagon quilt for Baby A. Of course it wasn't delivered in time for her christening but I got there eventually. Here's a snapshot of the creation of the quilt along with how it turned out.
Wednesday, 22 July 2015
Bandana Bib tutorial I posted on here years ago and whip a few new ones up as gifts. Can't believe how long it has been since I created this little pattern and first made bibs for B.
Monday, 9 March 2015
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
What you need:
- Two different fabrics.
- Wadding if you have lighter weight fabric. I used offcuts I had left from the wadding I use for quilts. For thicker fabrics like heavy linen or furnishing fabric, you may not need to use wadding.
- 50cm of ribbon - cut into two lengths of 25cm.
one. Download, print out and cut out the pattern.
When you get to the bottoms of the peaks, it's worth slightly curving your stitching as this helps to keep the peaks flatter when you turn through.
six. Now trim off the excess fabric, getting as close as you dare to the tops of the peaks, but don't trim off the fabric along your bottom edge opening.
Around November last year, as Christmas loomed into view, I got to thinking about what crafty project I could undertake to make gifts for all of the small people we know. Our Christmas list featured 18 children so I wanted to make something personal that also didn't us cost the earth. I've been seeing a number of fabric play crowns for sale on various websites recently, which are beautiful but really pricey considering how easy they are to make. So I figured out how and ran up a pile of them. It was a great use of all the pretty fabrics in my stash and it was lovely to hand pick a fabric that I thought might suit each child. I'm delighted with how they all turned out, plus now we're well past the festive season, I can now share the fruits of my labour.
I also made a little tutorial in case any one else fancies making their own - you can find the link here.