Friday, 30 September 2011

Baby Bird

Our friends, the Featherstones, welcomed their little boy into the world two weeks ago today. He's a real treasure and already making his Momma and Poppa very happy. When I held him, I practically threw him into the air - I hadn't realised quite how heavy the Little Lion had become over the last four months. Goodness knows why my back ached so much from holding him as a new born - I felt like I could have twirled Baby Feathers round on one finger!

It seems a bit of a tradition now for me to whip up a little baby quilt for each new born baby that arrives in our friendship groups. So I made this suitably feathery specimen for the newest arrival to our dear friends. 
There are just two layers of fabric - the birds and the spots, which have been sewn together with the wadding using lots of freehand machine stitches backwards and forwards across the length of the quilt. It's edged in a vintage floral print and the bird fabric is an Ikea bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment