- Favourite snacks, food, milk and a sports bottle of water - weirdly he loves playing with and drinking from the tops on these bottles.
- Books - I chose smaller lighter ones
- Child friendly headphones (I bought these Groov-e ones) to plug into my iPhone and did a couple of test runs with him before we left home so he'd get used to wearing them.
- Little toy cars
- Finger Puppets (Ikea do awesome ones)
- A small bag filled with enough Duplo bricks to build a tower. They're not very heavy and he was in tower building heaven for a lot of the trip.
- His favourite cuddly toys - Owly, Bun and Quack Quack.
Along with these, I also went with a fully charged iPhone filled with distractions. I downloaded some episodes of his favourite TV show from iTunes (Something Special which cost £4.99 for eight episodes). I have a number of baby friendly apps on there which he loves (I'll do a separate post about these another time). And the plane had Pingu on the in-flight entertainment so he watched some of that too.